An easy, quick and delicious recipe for steak tonight: LEMON GARLIC STEAK!
- 4 1/2-inch-thick top chuck blade steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 garlic gloves 2 diced and 3 whole for pan
- juice of 1 lemon
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, diced garlic and squeeze lemon over them.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter, olive oil and garlic in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Add steaks, then sauté 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare. Squeeze more lemon juice on the steaks right before removing from heat. Transfer steaks with tongs to a plate and serve warm.