If you love shrimp tacos as much as we do, then you’re going to love these Gobernador tacos.
- 1lb. fresh shrimp
- 2 Roma tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp. cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 poblano chili (clean and chopped)
- chipotle chili in marinade (quantity to taste) finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 tsp, chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb grated cheese (muenster, monterey jack)
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Clean and drain the shrimp, chop to the size you like.
- In a bowl, place the chopped shrimp and add paprika, chicken broth, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat over high heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and then the onion, cook for 1 min and add the poblano chili.
- Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 4 min approximately
- Add the shrimp and wait for them to change color, add the mustard, mayonnaise, and chipotle. (about 4 min)
- Add the cilantro at the end.
- In a flat iron pan heat the tortillas and place cheese as you would for quesadillas, once they are ready, add the shrimp mixture.
- Return the quesadilla with the shrimp mixture to the flat pan and let them brown a little more.
And that’s it!
You have made some delicious “Tacos Gobernador” so now you can serve with a salsa of your choice and avocado