Cozy homemade soup, it will keep you warm on Fall and winter days.
The easiest homemade creamy tomato pasta soup, made from scratch.
- 1 medium onion -diced-
- 3 garlic cloves -minced-
- 1 tbsp olive Oil
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 15 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- rosemary -chopped-
- 4 Fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 16 oz dried tortellini (or you can use Penne)
- Place the onion, garlic, and olive oil, and fresh rosemary in a 6-quart soup pot or Dutch oven. Sautee over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and heavy cream and stir to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the three-cheese tortellini into the soup and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the tortellini are tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve and garnish with fresh basil and shredded parmesan cheese.