Irresistible Pigs in a Blanket Recipe to Elevate Your Appetizer Game!
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 6 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 egg beaten.
- 14 ounces of mini cocktail wieners or smoked sausages
- Honey mustard or ketchup & mayo for serving.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry.
- Place 5 or 6 slices of Chedar cheese evenly over the pastry sheet and then place the second sheet of puff pastry on top.
- Cut the pastry into 36 2-inch squares.
- To assemble the cheesy pigs in a blanket, brush one corner of each of the dough squares with egg wash.
- Place a cocktail wiener in the center of each square diagonally.
- Fold the corner opposite the egg wash over the wiener and then fold the egg washed corner over and press it firmly against the other corner of pastry to seal well.
- Be sure to give it a good pinch so the dough stays shut while cooking. Brush each assembled pig in a blanket with egg wash.
- Use an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400F for 14-17 min.